• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lead Dog Helmet light

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
Have the headlights removed from sled. Can the Lead dog light be wired into the OE head light harness. Want to have option of sticking it on hood or helmet.
07M1000,08 M8,09M1000.
Thanks.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
That's funy that you mention this today, I just saw one of these yesterday & will be buying one soon. It was wired to the sled & was attached to the rider's helmet but I'm sure could easily be attached to the hood if needed.

It was a great thing for finding our way out in the dark yesterday.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
That's funy that you mention this today, I just saw one of these yesterday & will be buying one soon. It was wired to the sled & was attached to the rider's helmet but I'm sure could easily be attached to the hood if needed.

It was a great thing for finding our way out in the dark yesterday.

I agree there cool and it looks like they have been tested in extreme conditions. I just wonder if they will tap into the head light wires of the sleds I mentioned, without causing damage to the electrical system.
Anyone done it?

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I'm about to. Bought light and extra velcro.

Gonna ditch the stock light and just run the lead dog. You gotta get power from somewhere, why not just "steal" the power from the stock lights?

Mine will be put on a Gen II and I'll just use the power cables going to the hood. Gonna make a big air intake out of the stock lights using SLP mesh material.

RS

Premium Features