• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

knee braces

t stone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Bend, Or.
You guys that are racing snow cross what knee braces are you useing and how do you keep them from sliding down your leg when jumping. I wear Asterisk Ultra Cell braces and klim boots. I dont race. Just boondock in the Pacific Northwest Cascades. The boots are to short to keep the braces from sliding. Unlike motocross boots where the braces fit inside the boot to keep from sliding down. Any advise would be helpfull, Thanks

Stone

matofsrud

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Do you wear the sock underneath. I Guess I haven't had trouble with braces sliding down when I raced snocross im assuming there fitted right. Seems strange you would have trouble with them sliding especially asterisks with the amount of adjustment you can do with them. I know with mine when I didn't wear the sock underneath when I started to sweat a little they would be more likely to move around a bit.

t stone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Bend, Or.
Do you wear the sock underneath. I Guess I haven't had trouble with braces sliding down when I raced snocross im assuming there fitted right. Seems strange you would have trouble with them sliding especially asterisks with the amount of adjustment you can do with them. I know with mine when I didn't wear the sock underneath when I started to sweat a little they would be more likely to move around a bit.

Yes I do wear the sock under them. When I ordered them I went on the size chart they use. When I say they slide its usually about 1/2-3/4" down. That doesnt seam like much but it is. They get loose and then there is not much protection if they dont stay in place. I will mess with them on the adjustments to see if I can get them to work. Although with the Boa system They will crank up super tight.

Stone

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Sounds like they are the wrong size or not fitted correctly. I've been racing mx and sx in Asterisk for years and never had a problem. The bottom of the brace is about an inch above the top of my HMKs.

Premium Features