• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there somthing different to do

H
Feb 2, 2009
Is there a different shock i can use on my o5 snow hawk to make the rear suspension work better for my lite butt? i only weigh 160lbs. its so stiff when riding it. I got these new springs they helped a little but its still to stiff.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
There are a couple of things you can do. One is remove the center shock. The 07-08 models did not come with a center shock. I think this option makes it too soft, but I'm 210 lbs without gear.

Second is as the rear suspension collapses the track gets tighter. the geometry is off from the factory. Steve Sampson has a kit to relocate the upright shocks and make the geometry right so this doesn't happen. This helps also. PM me for his number.

Also fox is working on a float version of there shock for the hawk, but I havent herd where that is.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Actually come to think of it, I have a set I dont need I'll sell. I switched to the old expert-x suspension from a 503 and don't need the relocation kit anymore.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
I have my shocks sent out and am gonna try multi stage valving. It has also been posted that you must make sure all pivots are clean and greased to eliminate all binding. I had the same problem last year and installed the relocation brackets and still couldnt get the suspension to work. I am currently trying to correct this. What springs did you go to?

CJ- I wasn't aware you could run without this shock. Of the three I was under the impression that this shock handled most of your vertical transfer and the two rear handled more of the weight transfer. I may be wrong and would love to understand this design a bit more. I understand rising rate and falling rate well. I just don't understand what duties each shock handles in this skid.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Honstly I dont understand why, all I know is it works. the 08 800 that is in our group came from the factory without a center shock. It is much softer, too much IMHO. I don't like it, but others like SHA have said they really liked it, so my suggestion is to try it. Take the center shock out and try it. If you dont like it you can always put it back in.

H
Feb 2, 2009
Not sure

I am not sure what spring they put on it is a little softer my invoice from the shop which is no longer around has this number on it not sure if it helps. ADC-375-2650-1... Spring expert X. and thanks for your advice on this i am going to try it with removing the front spring to see how it is and maybe get the relocation kit and try that to. Thanks again.

Premium Features