• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there a way to tell what helix angle is set on the team 98 driven?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Is there a mark somewhere on the clutch to tell the current helix setup without pulling the torques out? I can't see any but the 54 38 is lined up with the key way. My bolts are really tight and the t27 is pretty loose in the heads. Any good tricks getting them out without stripping them? I am guessing maybe a little heat to losen any locktight?

Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
No way to tell. When I install one I mark the number on the helix with a Sharpy.

Put your clutch on the work bench. Take a hammer and smack the torx screws flat, like you are trying to drive them further into the clutch. Not a huge smack, but a good sharp one or two hits. That will shock them and they will come lose much easier.

sled_guy

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Thanks for the help sled guy.:beer; Have you ever removed the outside shields on the ts 98 clutch to allow a little more air flow to it?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
If the shock treatment doesn't work, you can take a center punch and dig into the material on the screw head. Drive counter clockwise like you are unscrewing the screw. The impact will get them loose. Usually messes up the screw if you aren't carefull but at least you can get them out.

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
I have a tss 98 team on my plolaris. If you have the keyed clucth not the spline you can tell which helix your on by the key. numbers should line up with the key way or 180 degrees from it provided they installed the roller assemblly in the right place. If its a spline shaft sorry have no idea.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
I ended up using heat and the impact and those babies were tight. It twisted my torque head but they all came loose. There is an x on the inside, but on mine the angle writing was matched up with key way to tell what angle it was on.

Last edited:
Premium Features