• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

i finally bit the bullet

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
well after much debate, i finally stepped up the plate and bought m series. i sold my rev 800 and went had about a two hour chat with dale from Cutlers and he is an awesome guy! we picked over the 09 m8 and m1000 sno pro's and i decided on the m1000. i'm 240 pounds and 6 3 and figured the grunt of the thousand would be to my benefit. i am picking it up tomorrow and can't wait! i am putting a can on it and getting rid of that thouand cc suitcase that comes stock and then putting on the cpc side vents with a skid plate. Also gonna put the three piece hood vent kit on the front as well. hope all the research and debate has lead me to the right choice of sleds! gonna ride it saturday and see! My main point for the post... what is a good gas caddy set up for the new m series? are there any other little mods i should start with for reliability? i'm brand new to cat so i'm a little nervous but super excited to try it out!!

Vernon

Apr 21, 2008
well after much debate, i finally stepped up the plate and bought m series. i sold my rev 800 and went had about a two hour chat with dale from Cutlers and he is an awesome guy! we picked over the 09 m8 and m1000 sno pro's and i decided on the m1000. i'm 240 pounds and 6 3 and figured the grunt of the thousand would be to my benefit. i am picking it up tomorrow and can't wait! i am putting a can on it and getting rid of that thouand cc suitcase that comes stock and then putting on the cpc side vents with a skid plate. Also gonna put the three piece hood vent kit on the front as well. hope all the research and debate has lead me to the right choice of sleds! gonna ride it saturday and see! My main point for the post... what is a good gas caddy set up for the new m series? are there any other little mods i should start with for reliability? i'm brand new to cat so i'm a little nervous but super excited to try it out!!

Vernon

I have the craiggerbuilt.com gas can thingy and love it. Never have to tie down your gas can again!

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i put the cat rack on the back of my 09......i've found that when it comes to the fuel range, the 1000 does very well, most of the 700 and 800 sleds use more fuel than i do ( i make the hill on the first try, they need 2/3 attempts, or maybe don't make it at all).....a good clutch set-up (especially alignment) is worth it....in addition to the can, i put a speedwerx y-pipe on it, but you will need a fuel controller to be safe.....other than that, just ride....

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
Dale through in his clutch kit with adjustable cam arms as part of the deal which is a really slick set up. besides the vents and can, i'm at the end of my budget for this season for mods. The only thing i'm thinking about is the gas caddy. the craigerbuilt one looks pretty slick. Dale said the range on these 1000's is over 70 miles on average. the people i ride with can't even get that after putting in there 2.5 caddy so i'm probably safe to ride it and try it out as is first.

Z

zx7thrills

Oct 11, 2008
langley b.c
Hey bud, I made the same swich as u. I sold my 08 rev and bought a 09 m1000. Me and my pals put the rev gas can holder on our cats. Nice and easy..Good design. U will never want to go back to ski doo now my friend..Have fun

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Welcome! That's at least two of us this week!

I have been a Yamaha guy for years but, their lack of ability (or willingness) to develop a REAL mountain sled has driven me to look elsewhere, here.

Gas racks - I have been asking the same question. The ones I was told to look at (but haven't yet) are the Sno Skins gas rack, the Mountain Addiction gas rack. There's another one too but, I can't find my note right now.

We need a club for those of us coming to the Cat House for the very first time. :beer;

Congratulations. I think you'll be very happy with your new sled.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
I hope so! i have not spent time on the series and now just dropped lots and lots of money on one so here is to hoping it's everything i wanted:beer; Dale and crew were super nice and made me feel very comfortable! Great people to deal with at Cutlers!

Vernon

Apr 21, 2008
Dale through in his clutch kit with adjustable cam arms as part of the deal which is a really slick set up. besides the vents and can, i'm at the end of my budget for this season for mods. The only thing i'm thinking about is the gas caddy. the craigerbuilt one looks pretty slick. Dale said the range on these 1000's is over 70 miles on average. the people i ride with can't even get that after putting in there 2.5 caddy so i'm probably safe to ride it and try it out as is first.

Even hard riding in fresh powder in the mountains all day I haven't needed to fill my 08 1000 yet, it has plenty of capacity for a full day ride, but I always have my can full just to be safe.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I can empty a tank in 50 miles on some days and would say 70 is pushing it. unless your on the trails and being nice. I almost made a 100miles once but 60 of it was on the trail. AC sells a descent gas rack for $45

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
thanks for input guys! i'm gonna go ride it today for the first time and then next week i'll probably see what i want for a gas rack.

wyoboy you in pullman?? i graduated from wsu in 07 with a 4 year in buss admin. best four years of my life

Premium Features