• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hyperfax

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Was going to get a set cheap like 69.00, But they were for a 136" skid. I was told it would be fine being 6" short, But I thought not. If your track is clipped every other, They say not to use them as the rubber will burn them up.So what does this tell you, That It probably doesn't do much? Too much money for plastic in my opinion?

Mike

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
Yes they are expensive, priced way out of whack for what the materials to make them cost. Yes I feel they are worth it; however, they are not the solve all some tout them to be.

Last edited:
M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I can go through 10 sets of regulars for the cost and I would never wear out 10 sets before the sled wore out. The material in the hypers isn't as slick and the track clips won't glide over it as easily. Slightly more resistance equals slightly less track speed.

JMO for what it's worth,

MX

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
High purr fax

8 or ten years ago when they came out we though they might be the second coming, never have hyfax problems again and they came in various color. no overheating, bought and used 5 or 6 sets myself and sold plenty to pals, and many of those sets are still on the snow. What I found out was.

1. you can't ride 10 miles on the hiway in the summer, the teflon stip gets hot and melts the surrounding regular old plastic that holds the teflon strip and then you chit out all that stuff and come to a halt. We had to test it all out.

2. never could see or prove or confirm better mileage ? that your track ran freer? as good maybe, but all the sets I installed no one ever went........WOW.

3. they can and do last a long time with reasonable care.

4. Had some blow the teflon strip or last 20" of teflon strip out the back, so works best to have a screw up through the strip in the back rather than just the front screw ala cat.

5. fast way to ditch $139 or what ever they are these days.

6 can't hurt nothing, BLING FACTOR WAY UP.......or up some. In the day no mostly aluminum/ some fabric /big bore back east motor custom MTN hill crushing sled was complete without them.............now........maybe just part of sledd'n history.

Premium Features