• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How screwed am I?

V
Feb 19, 2020
IMG_6652.jpg

I hit a tree on my 2019 Indy 600 and cracked the bulkhead (left side). Stopped in a Polaris dealer to show the pics and they called it totaled. Has anyone gone through the process of replacing the bulkhead and can give me advice on the process? I don't know what I don't know yet and am trying to get information... Per the dealer the part costs around $3500. Would really appreciate any feedback

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
You can replace a bulkhead side but....
The glue they use has to be heated above 600* (don't quote me.on the temp 4-600*)
To get it to release. Then you have to glue the two halves together and reattach them to the tunnel.
More hassle than its worth. Polaris sells an entire bulkhead and tunnel assembly for less than you would pay in labor to accomplish the replacement of on side of the bulkhead.
If it is insured, then yes, they will total the sled. It will take a total disassembly and reassembly on the new tunnel/bulkhead to repair that broken bulkhead.

If it isn't insured then you'll get to learn alot about your sled moving everything over.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
what exactly is broken? It's hard to tell from that pic that there is anything wrong other than missing the cross shaft for the a-arm mount.
Unless there is more major damage than what is in the pic, there is less than $1000 in parts there and it can be fixed in a day as long as you have some basic tools, and a propane torch. I just did the left bulkhead and support brace on my 16 SKS, and I have about 12 hours into it, and about $700cdn in parts. This was my first time doing this and could definitely do it much faster again.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
If it’s only the bulkhead half I just did one it’s a two hour job about $300 I am just completing one. A small torch will heat the glue to release it it’s actually quite easy. Don’t buy the Polaris adhesive kit for $200 plus it’s not needed p.m me and I can walk you through the process it’s really easy.

Last edited:
Premium Features