• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High idle after track change.

T
Jan 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
I changed the track on my 04 700 RMK. Put on a tunnel extension so I had to drain the coolant. The only other thing I did was clean the exhaust valves. I filled it with coolant, bleed the system, the rear heat exchanger is getting hot, no air comes out when I open the bleed screw. TKhe problem is when I come to a stop and let the machine idle, the rpm stays at about 3500. Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I adjust the idle to where it should be? thanks.

K
Apr 3, 2009
same problem

Did you ever figure this problem out? I have the same exact problem with mine. Mine was fine until i broght it to a shop for some trailing arm/tie rod work (a small problem with a tree). It came back messed up, but they claim it was nothing they did. They did say that they removed the exhaust to work on the tie rod. Is it possible the exhaust is affecting the idle?

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Did you ever figure this problem out? I have the same exact problem with mine. Mine was fine until i broght it to a shop for some trailing arm/tie rod work (a small problem with a tree). It came back messed up, but they claim it was nothing they did. They did say that they removed the exhaust to work on the tie rod. Is it possible the exhaust is affecting the idle?

Check your throttle cables where they go into the carbs. Make sure they are tight in the fittings and not hung up by the cable end. Also check the cables in general to make sure thet are not binding.

K
Apr 3, 2009
I've checked the cable and cleaned the carbs... everything is good there. One thing i didn't really spell out is that it idles perfectly when you first start it. It only idles high when you come to a stop from riding. When idling high, if you hit the kill switch, then turn the key, it fires right up idling perfectly. Seems wierd.

Premium Features