• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help

I
Dec 1, 2013
I am trying to fix my friends old 03 1m 800, but I can't figure out the problem.
It starts on every pull, idles for 2-3 sek. then dies, and is able to start again right away.
It is like it cuts the spark.

I hope you have sine ideas for me.
Kind regards.

N

neosledder

Mar 19, 2009
just throwing out a few thoughts.

Power valves stick as it gets a little heat into them?
piston's trying to stick?
i've never seen it but, plugged pipe/can?

I've never experienced that issue on a cat. Older Polaris's would do that but, it was usually a fuel pump. Cat's don't gravity feed so, I don't imagine that could be the issue.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Does it actually cut the spark? Sounds more like a fuel pump on an efi sled. You never said if it was carbed or efi. Verify spark condition, then fuel. Could be a stator is there is no spark. You need to give more info than just saying it doesn't run!

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
if the sled is carb try unplugging the throttle position safety which plugs in the top of the carb on the mag side. my sled was running kinda weird until i just bypassed that by unplugging it. my sled would randomly die. if the sled is an efi I would guess its your fuel pump,or your spark plug coils. just take your gas cap off and check for debris in the bottom of your tank, and check for good spark. good luck

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I am assuming it is an EFI since the parts books shows no other option. My first guess would be fuel pump, second would be something plugged on the intake valves in the tank, third water in the fuel or maybe just old stale gas, four, throttle safety switch. There should be just a tiny amount of slack in the cable at the throttle lever. There is an adjuster where the cable goes to the throttle bodies. You can also check it by unplugging the three wire plug that goes from the ECU to the kill switch. It will be located under the dash panel where the key is. Actually the throttle safety switch is where I would start. Easiest to check and after I thought about it I think most likely.

Good luck

Premium Features