• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with a intermittent problem

rcr1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Spring Creek NV
I have a 07 m8 that after I've been riding for a while never when started from cold. It will get a off idle bog like just barely touching the throttle it's so bad it will stall and die. Then it won't restart sometimes for about a half hour no matter how many times you pull on it or how much throttle you give it. Then the damn thing will start and be fine for a while. This is a new problem that started this year after 2 seasons of riding and the sled has no engine mods I did buy a fuel box and a wideband but the problem started before I installed these. I can see on the wideband that the sled goes way rich before dying. Also on my fuel pressure gauge It will bleed off pressure way faster when the problem is accuring than when it is not this is when the sled pumps up pressure on the first pull of the rope. At first I thought that maybe for some reason the injectors would stick open and flood the engine but I thought about this for a while and it is very unlikely for them both to stick open mechanicaly (dirty) at the same time without a electrical problem. The sled would still start and run if one of them was stuck. I have not had the chance to check for spark because 2 people need to be there at the time and it seams like whenever this happens I'm by myself.

Thanks if you have any Ideas

rcr1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Spring Creek NV
Thanks for the reply, whats is the tors though? pipe temp, engine temp, throttle position, knock sensor's? Throttle safety switch's or whatever they are called?

Premium Features