• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help! stumped on the King Cat

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
This is almost fun, trying to get an answer to what doesn't make any sense. Probably not fun stanredrider, but I find it interesting. Just for grins and giggles try uplugging the water temp sensor,nothing to lose by trying.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
this fella is right on the money

That just makes no sense at all... to make rpm's you need fuel and air .. if the plates on the throttle body are closed you lack one of the key essentials of making it run wide open (air) its prolly not the ecm cus all it could possibly do would be to run the injectors wide open and if the plates are closed you are again missing the air to go with the fuel????? Even an air leak in the case I dont think could supply enough air for that I mean those are 44mm throttle bodies which move a ton of air??? what happened prior to the sled doing this ,, gotta be something even as small as It may seem ?? Blow a belt, replace a component, melt it down ??? Remember the ecm is only going to control fuel in relation to throttle position even if the tps were wacked out its still got to get air from somewhere to do what its doin .. gotta be missing something simple !! I hate it when crap like that happens!! Keep us posted

eric at racin station U rock thanks for the help!!!!!!

until you find the air leak you are just spinning your wheels, and it has to be air. If you can't figure it out take it to shop as he said it takes a tremendous amount of air to do what your saying. Put a clipboard in front of tb you will find your problem. I had a detroit run away once and you can put whatever you want in front of that inlet and it would eat it for breakfast, put a piece of plate, clipboard, book, something in front of tb and you will find it. hole in intake boot! Were talking the basics of combustion engines

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
until you find the air leak you are just spinning your wheels, and it has to be air. If you can't figure it out take it to shop as he said it takes a tremendous amount of air to do what your saying. Put a clipboard in front of tb you will find your problem. I had a detroit run away once and you can put whatever you want in front of that inlet and it would eat it for breakfast, put a piece of plate, clipboard, book, something in front of tb and you will find it. hole in intake boot! Were talking the basics of combustion engines

And here I thought I was the only man left alive that had the pleasure of setting the injectors on those old detroits! Those blowers would suck anything within 4 feet of them in! I think the guy just made up this tale to get us all guessing. Impossible for it to run away without a real good air feed.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
inner head oring blown/warped head from over heating and your sucking air from your water jacket through your not so well sealed resevoir cap...

lalalalala..its so fun grasping at straws...

S

stanredrider

Dec 9, 2007
Well I havent figured anything out on it yet. I blocked the throttle bodies off first with my hands(ouch) then with a piece of metal, did get it to slow rpms a little bit but the second you create a crack it revs up. Felt the flaps in the throttle body with it running and they are still closed so thats not part of the problem. Still kinda wondering if its not computer or injector related. Think Im gonna have to admit defeat on this one and take it to a dealer. Thanks for eveyones help and ideas.

Premium Features