• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hard steering m8

E
Apr 11, 2002
North Idaho
I have an 08 m8 sno-pro that steers like a sherman tank. Looking for ideas to help out. I have simon skis. What limiter strap hole and ski shock presure is everyone running. I love the sled but when not in powder it sucks:(

Tempest

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
Check your ski toe out. The distance between the skis should be 1/8 to 1/2 inch wider at the front of the skis as compaired to the distance between the back of the skis. Hope that helps.

B
Dec 3, 2001
No. Utah
Not sure on the floats, but on both of my 07's I've had to take several turns out of the front shocks. Gets rid of the hard steer and help the transfer to the rear skid. Maybe take a look at the pressure in the floats.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Not sure on the M-8, but on my 1000 there are lower holes that are not drilled for the front of the skid. I drilled and droped the front of the suspension to the lower holes and it lightens up the front some and gives you more weight transfer.
I too run simmons skis and know exactly what you are talking about.
If you drop to the lower holes you may have to run a little more air pressure in the rear shock to keep it from trenching.

bcsnowdog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
frank mountain bc
check your tie rod ends, on my 09m8 they were manufactured to tight had new ones replaced under warranty.steers like my m7 know

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
easy steering now

On my 09 M8 SP, set toe to 1/8 to 1/4 toe out, use the method as defined in the owners manual to set toe. lubed all grease zerts on front end, adjusted front suspension shock by tightening spring tension by 2 turns.

jacked up front of sled and checked movement of steering, totally free.
now steers good like it should. toe was the big thing,

E
Apr 11, 2002
North Idaho
raised up front end and sled turns good so it is not tie rod ends. front shock presure 45 pounds. Limiter strap apears all the way out, but I may have found the problem the skis are toed in almost a half an inch and I think i saw they are supposed to be toed out about that much

Premium Features