• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GOING ON TRIP IN 24hrs and M7 decides not to run!

supra_power2

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2008
no-dak
ok so im getting ready for a trip 2the snowies 2maro and my m7 has a check engine light thats flashing 6 times then pauses for about 2-3 seconds and does it again. then sometimes you can start it up with out the light coming on at all. sled will idle and run with stock injector set up and will idle but die if you rev it up with the pure logic box on. pure logic box is brand new and my 2nd one. i know its instlled right? just not sure, this all happened after i washed it also. i unpluged all the electrical connectors i could and blew them out and added dielectric grease to them and got a different pure logic box but same problem ? PLEASE HELP !!!

suppose to leave in 24hrs

DAMN

supra_power2

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2008
no-dak
was able to get sled to run a lil dosent sound to healthy and wont rev over 6500 ?

and plugs are new
spark is good
fuel is good

any ideas!!??
thanks

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
tps. good? brake light short? compession test? power vavles clean? intake leak? just throwing some stuff out there hope you figure it out call dealer to get code info count the flashs as that tells u the code

supra_power2

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2008
no-dak
6 flashes . .meant servo problems

were should i start with the servos?

motor is newer 800bb from dakota performance and was ripping! about 10hrs on new build. got home from mountains and sled was really dirty so i washed it off (not under the hood) and started it up to drive it inside and had the problem ever since.

R
Oct 18, 2008
Boulder MT
Had a simmilar thing happen with an older ZR 700. Ended up being the throttle posisioning sensor on the handle bars.Not sure if the M sleds even have one.Something worth looking at though.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
You've probably checked this if the code says servo motor but are the cables still on the motor?

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
I had the same problem last year with a stock 06 M7 - same 6 flashes etc. The servo motor went bad and I had to replace it.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I had the same thing on my old 07 M8, i had a broken wire right at the servo motor. It was not broke all the way just a bit so it would make connection and then it wouldn't and run like ****.:beer;

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
If all else fails...Contact http://www.supremetoolinc.com/ these folks, have them send the $65.00 bypass chip to the motel where you will be staying. That way you can tie the valves open, plug the chip into the wires going to the servo and ride. Figure out what the problem is when you get home. You'll run a little fat on the bottom end but at least you'll be riding! Good luck!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I know it is showing servo problems, but try taking a hair drier to the throttle assembly on the bars. If you just washed it and it acted up, you could have water or ice in the emergency shut down switch or the throttle position switch.

Last edited:
L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
cables could be off or a valve stuck open. servo may be shot too. I would buy that kit to tie them open.

supra_power2

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2008
no-dak
so i found the power valve cables were off . but sled must have a short somewere if i grab or wiggle the main large (grey) harness or move the wiring around sled will die out . then i can start it right back up untile i move any of the wires. discovered this by turning the bars to the left and i get a check engine light and sled would die

Premium Features