• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Factory Polaris tunnel rivets

E
Dec 30, 2018
Washington State
So... Only had my new Matryx Khaos Slash for about a month before I folded the tunnel WITH an after market bumper. In the process of getting it back together but can't seem to figure out what type of rivets Polaris uses to connect the tunnel extension to the main tunnel. Compression rivets look similar and I know I could just use regular rivets But I'm just more curious then anything at this point. 20220115_121320.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So... Only had my new Matryx Khaos Slash for about a month before I folded the tunnel WITH an after market bumper. In the process of getting it back together but can't seem to figure out what type of rivets Polaris uses to connect the tunnel extension to the main tunnel. Compression rivets look similar and I know I could just use regular rivets But I'm just more curious then anything at this point. View attachment 383968
They are magnetic stainless piercing rivets.

The stainless rivet work hardens very easily if your drill bit isn’t split point, cobalt (or better), very sharp and turning slow with steady firm pressure. Then your bit is toast……..

Best way I have found to separate the pieces they attach together.

Grind off the raised ring on the backside until it’s flush.

Slide a chisel between the aluminum sheets and pop the pieces apart.

Then grind further from the backside of the outer piece (after separating) until you can pop the head out.

I can say the backwoods bmp bumper has held up great on my 165 boost with much abuse.

Premium Features