• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine temp light on with throttle

B
Jan 9, 2013
So I have burped the system to make sure there isnt any air in it and the sled runs great, but as soon as I hit the throttle I get a coolant light. Once I let off the gas and the sled slows to a stop the light fades off. I'm stumped on whats going on. The sled is running well, and I know its not getting to hot because I figured I would have burnt up the motor if it really was that hot.

Any suggestions what might be going on? Sled is an 02 AC with the 800 carb.

Thanx,

Mike

B
Jan 9, 2013
Well I was almost positive the system was full and burped, however im still getting a coolant light. The sled seems to run well, maybe a little hot, but still will burp coolant out the tank. Im suspecting a head gasket is starting to fail and pressurizing the system causing coolant to blow out. I ordered some new gaskets and should have them tomorrow. I really hope this is the issue.

Side note: Also ordered some RSI grip warmers, as mine are terrible and the left isnt working at all.

ByDesign

Premium Features