• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Empty Chain Case

S
Sep 5, 2011
Okotoks, Alberta
I checked my chaincase prior to riding last week and it was at the add line. I topped it up and went for a good day of riding. Upon returning the case is nearly empty. I can see oil over everything under the hood, but on the lower section of the case. There's basically oil from the adjuster bolt, down. There doesn't seem to be anything coming from the jackshaft as there is no oil spread outwards on the brake disc like you would expect.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks again!

R
Nov 28, 2007
Just noticed today,sled was parked in the shop,noticed a large puddle of oil under sled,chain case was empty,this never happened out sledding as i have no oil anywhere except a small amount at the bottom of the chain case.If you are leaking oil and running your sled it will make a mess and make the leak a little harder to locate.I will pull mine apart tonight and see what i find.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Everett, Wa.
Hope it's not like mine, clutch side bearing went bad and with drive shaft flopping all the lube went out and chain came off gears and broke a couple links. Make sure you check the clutch side drive shaft bearing. Swampy

Premium Features