• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ELTIGRE MOUNTAIN CAT

R
Apr 25, 2014
this is my 1981 eltigre i started in feb is now finished,it has a 600 zrt motor d&d pipes,zrt chaincase wilwood break ,2000 sno pro tank,2007 crossfire seat ,144 mountain cat track suspension 2" lug,had out once before sno melted ,really fun,

Img9643.jpg Img9757.jpg Img9744.jpg Img9795.jpg Img9796.jpg Img9797.jpg

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
That's great! I love seeing these springer resto mods....great idea! What did you do to strengthen the chassis and front end to accept the changes? The biggest issue is spindles breaking, and that was with stock power! Can't imagine how much fun it would be to ride it like this!

R
Apr 25, 2014
Wow what a coincidence. Both he and I are building off the same chassis. With very different ideas!
Who or how did you re gel your hood?
i sanded hood ,painted sikens black.also glad to see someone else doin older project,i have owned turbo crossfire,turbo 1200 firecat,but i get so much more enjoyment in doing these older sleds,something different,and way cheaper, know this sled would [prob not climb any mountains ,but it is fun to ride,:face-icon-small-hap

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I figured it would be like a gell coat on a boat. You just painted it? Well mines going to be a bit more involved either way due to one of the previous owners putting on seafoam green house paint or something ugly! Haha

R
Apr 25, 2014
I figured it would be like a gell coat on a boat. You just painted it? Well mines going to be a bit more involved either way due to one of the previous owners putting on seafoam green house paint or something ugly! Haha

To bad you arent closer i have couple hoods.i no use for.shipping expensive

M
May 14, 2015
Hi very cool custom retro updates! I also like older sleds and making them more fun/comfortable to ride though I havent dove in as deep as you. Im curious with the new rear skid raising the tunnel how does it handle and how does it feel with the rear end jacked up?

Im looking to put a modern skid and with a taller track under my 91 Cheetah, Ive raised the seat and raised the bars and added M8 plastic skis but now want to do the skid.

Thanks

~ Phil

Premium Features