• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EGT's on 800 CFI

D
My buddy's '08 800 with '10 update is at the dealer for motor #4....I'm trying to convince him that he needs to put egt or a/f gauges on it before he rides it again....Has anyone that has had multiple burn downs on these motors , found that gauges were not able to detect the lean RPM/throttle position problem area....His dragon is bone stock

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
My buddy's '08 800 with '10 update is at the dealer for motor #4....I'm trying to convince him that he needs to put egt or a/f gauges on it before he rides it again....Has anyone that has had multiple burn downs on these motors , found that gauges were not able to detect the lean RPM/throttle position problem area....His dragon is bone stock

I wouldn't ride without them, even after the latest flash you can find the hot spot. If my sled where still anywhere near stock I'd run egt's and a control box.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I never was a fan of egts cuz u never could see em but when I installed the turbo I got em and will have em everything from now on. Cpncider this first u can see em great plus they flash when u hit what u set em at, the 800 will run all day long at 1250 to 1300 so how hot is it when it goes down? next your bud needs to get some nuts he's riding at 6000 rpms too much thats the burn down spot. Also install a pcv. imo

D
I never was a fan of egts cuz u never could see em but when I installed the turbo I got em and will have em everything from now on. Cpncider this first u can see em great plus they flash when u hit what u set em at, the 800 will run all day long at 1250 to 1300 so how hot is it when it goes down? next your bud needs to get some nuts he's riding at 6000 rpms too much thats the burn down spot. Also install a pcv. imo

I should add that he bought this last fall from the original owner who blew the motor 3 times....And this guy rides with the throttle in 2 positions , WFO and off

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
EGT's are the first thing on all of my sleds, never burned one down without knowing it first ( only once and I really wanted to top out this chute so I ignored the 1350 and thought it would be alright, guess what aluminum likes to start melting at?)

Premium Features