• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dropping from skid to lower hole?

J
Jan 22, 2023
Quebec
Looking for lighter steering on my 23 boost pro 165,wanna try dropping the front skid to the lower hole but the ice age site says you need the ice age rails or risk track ratcheting,is this true or can it be done with the stalk pro rails? Also do you need the elevate spindles or can it be done with stalk?

E
Aug 29, 2016
Buena Vista, CO
I did moved it on my 22 pro. Been that way all season- lightens up the steering and gives it more pop/ flick. Track seems fine- no abnormal wear- had to retention track and wheels almost all the way in. Still climbs nice ?

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Same here. Dropped to lower hole on my 22 boost after the second ride. No issues with track and handled more like my axys. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Chilly is on record that there’s nothing you can do to the boat anchor that will help this condition. Since he is a quitter and is chasing pasta rockets, I am forced to relay the forum experts findings.

You can relocate, I prefer to go with a Khaos limiter for what you’re trying to accomplish. But the real issue that causes this is the garbage track. A Lynx track is the cats meow on this chassis

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
If you really want a wild ride, khaos strap, lower hole, lynx track and a tune. Makes it a handful at times in the trees but sure is fun.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Thats what I did as well .. khaos strap and shocks and lower hole and lynx track and kurts gearing

Don't underestimate the khaos profile rails .. they actually do make a substantial difference as they move the shock mounting point up to essentially make your shock even longer.

i'll have my iceage rails and khaos suspension up for sale soon as I got a 24 khaos 165 coming

D
Apr 24, 2023
Boise, ID
Id rather use a tune, or change the track. Moving the skid makes it handle annoying in all other aspects imo. Too each their own though

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Premium Features