• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon Skid in a '98 RMK

H
Jan 3, 2011
Idaho Falls
I have an old 98 700 RMK, and have a 2007 Dragon skid to put in. Got the skid for pretty much free, nothing wrong with it. Sled is of coarse paid for, so I wanted to play around with it. What forseable issues will I run into? Going to run '02 spindles for extra height in the front. And a set of XC 10 shocks. Possibly aftermarket trailing arms.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Gen II

I have a post on here regarding having mounted an Edge skid in my 2000 XC. Was wondering about getting the front up. So just by replacing the spindles I can pick the front of the sled up some?

The only thing I know about swapping the skids is that they aren't the same width for the mounts.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
It really wont be to terribly bad if your going to run the longer spindles.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The '02 spindles are different on the bottom, you'll have to tweak the stock trailing arms to get them to go in.

The Dragon skid is narrower than the older skids so you will have to build some spacers to take up the space in the mounting points in the tunnel.

sled_guy

Premium Features