• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

drag race/ hill climb circits

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
all DEAD. BCF, OSRC, and MSSHA folded, WSSRA has a race in Yellowstone in March... there are a few non-santioned races.. I think Dixie and Elk River still have their drag races and there is the hillclimb at Loup Loup near Okanogan and (hopefully) the Anthony Lakes HC out of LaGrande, OR..

Chelan's drag race got into what sounds like politics and hopefully will return next year.. maybe some other small club races.. but I am not aware of any.

When we were really hot into racing (late ninties to 2003) we raced nearly every weekend.. snocross one weekend, then change clutch/traction and drag race the next, cross country the next..... I think racing cost, lack of sponsor/promoter support, and the insurance cost going to the moon.. killed it.. also keep in mind a factory race sled in 1997 was (to us) $3000 and with the contingency programs (at every sanctioned race) you at least broke even (one year we even had to pay taxes..)

L

little_orange_cat

Apr 7, 2008
lynden
www.myspace.com
all DEAD. BCF, OSRC, and MSSHA folded, WSSRA has a race in Yellowstone in March... there are a few non-santioned races.. I think Dixie and Elk River still have their drag races and there is the hillclimb at Loup Loup near Okanogan and (hopefully) the Anthony Lakes HC out of LaGrande, OR..

Chelan's drag race got into what sounds like politics and hopefully will return next year.. maybe some other small club races.. but I am not aware of any.

When we were really hot into racing (late ninties to 2003) we raced nearly every weekend.. snocross one weekend, then change clutch/traction and drag race the next, cross country the next..... I think racing cost, lack of sponsor/promoter support, and the insurance cost going to the moon.. killed it.. also keep in mind a factory race sled in 1997 was (to us) $3000 and with the contingency programs (at every sanctioned race) you at least broke even (one year we even had to pay taxes..)
how do i find the dates for all the hill climbs in the area?
thanks for all the info

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
check out rmsha.com the best hillclimbs in the world.

Yes, but unfortunetly there aren't any in Washington on the circuit. Plumnuts is right about most stuff. It's a cut-throat economy out there now. Even inside the circuit there is concern about how to keep the good venues alive due to costs, promoting (getting lots of local attendance), accessibility, racer 'satisfaction', and most importantly SNOW. If you look at the RMSHA map of races they are all pretty close to each other except for Lost Trail MT. To get races going in the upper NW would probably mean starting a new circuit OR continuing to hold the few non-sanctioned races that are still alive today. I think it is awesome that folks are putting together races in an attempt to cater to more riders. Stay posted because they usually promote non-RMSHA stuff really well here. If you can't muster the funds to make any RMSHA races, you can still usually find info on here about stuff being put together closer to where you live. It would be sweet to expand our circuit and race new venues, but until the economy picks up I doubt we will see the support and funding necessary to do that. Good luck, I hope you find a way to get out and rail up the mountains.

X
Nov 26, 2007
Hillcross Racing Northwest

The Sandpoint Winter Riders are hosting a Snocross-Hillcross event at Schweitzer Mountain Resort April 16-18th 2010.I am putting things together.This year we will have a Pro Class for Hillcross with a payout,we learned alot from last year and this year will be even bigger event this year,we had 160 racers last year,it was a fun event for all,for more info please contact me,in the next couple of weeks I will have more information posted,also any vendors we have space available in the main village area.

Jeff 208-263-4954
justinsmotorsports@live.com

Premium Features