• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do i need extra cooling?

I have a 2004 pro xr with a 1999 rmk 700 motor in it the track is extended out to a 144 by 2 inch paddles... i was wondering if i needed extra cooling to help with temps in low snow conditions...Any help is appreciated...Thanks

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Cooling

You may, I have a 03 with a 660 but mine has a U cooler which has more area than yours. If you still have the front cross over cooler in it, I would just run scratchers and see if it will cool, that's what I do. They may kick up enough snow so the track trows it on the cross over and you may be fine.

I do have a extra cooler that came with the sled its about 9 inches by 11 inches long but it involves cutting a section out of tunnel. Would that weaken the tunnel? And do you know of easy ways to install the extra cooler? I do ice scratchers installed allready but havent been albe to test them do to no snow yet.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
yes, install the auxiliary cooler, much worth it with a bigblock in there. Won't weaken the tunnel, riveting the aux. cooler will add a bit strength too.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Provided you use a thermostat, you cannot have too much cooling capability. Only determining factor being how much extra weight you can justify, and how much room you have. I would definately install the extra cooler you have, it will not weaken the tunnel, once rivited or bolted in it will become an integral part of the structure and could, as stated, actually add to the strength of the tunnel.

Premium Features