• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

deleting the plastic on top of tunnel 2006 RMK

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
I want to clean up the look of mysleds this summer. I have a couple of 2006 600 RMk and they have the black plastic tunnel racks. They look bulky.

it seems that the only usefull thing they do is to cover the coolant lines.

Does anyone have ideas on how to eliminate the black plstic while still protecting the coolant line? I am thinking of braded hoses and an LED brake light

Any ideas or pictures?

M
Apr 1, 2009
Here is a picture of a good way to get rid of it. Putting that bend on the back of the foot guards just in front of the tunnel. I wouldn't go with just steel braided hose on the turnarounds, if you get it caught on a strong branch at a good speed, you're ****ed.

sledtrippictures004.jpg[img]

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Here's a pic of mine. I just removed the rear tail light section so the coolant lines would still be covered and the fuel can rack would still be functional.

900_1.jpg

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
here is a picture of braided hoses. They were done by someone else here on SW.

Kinda small.....

rearcooler2.jpg

This is a picture of the hose kit I made! Works and looks great. I have never had any trouble in three seasons so far. I may have some of these available later in the summer along with the other things I will be and already make for the 900's. Any hose clamp will work on the running board end the cooler end has very little room for anything between the hose and the tunnel .I will try to post some better pics.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
here's a pic of my old sled.... i took it all off polished it up put a wild child gas rack on and the newer seat brace.

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
Jkinzer, very nice, exactly what I was thinking of. What year sled is yours? It looks like a 2006 but the seat brace is off a 2008. Is that an easy switch?

Last edited:
L
Jan 20, 2008
I agree that looks sweet. How did you get the tunnel so buffed, I took the black plastic off thinking I would do the same as you but it looked like chit underneath, pretty beat up, the top of the heat exchanger looked bad as well. Just wondering with the new seat mount, what did you have to do to the underside of the seat to get that new mount to work. I'm guessing put on a piece of stainless or aluminum? I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Premium Features