• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CV Customs Lightweight MATRYX E-Start

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I don't have e start but would be interested in losing some weight that comes with the battery and 7S screen. Is this an option for losing weight on a non e start boost?

I put on a 7s after buying my Matryx. I used the cv customs battery tray, battery and harness for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
what is the factory electric start weight penalty?
I have never taken the starter motor, bendix, starter gear and wires and put them on a scale but I would guess they are probably about 10lbs. Then you would have to add the battery and battery mounting to that… so let’s say about a 13 lb penalty for my e-start kit… which for the convenience of off camber starting I feel is worth it!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have never taken the starter motor, bendix, starter gear and wires and put them on a scale but I would guess they are probably about 10lbs. Then you would have to add the battery and battery mounting to that… so let’s say about a 13 lb penalty for my e-start kit… which for the convenience of off camber starting I feel is worth it!
Are your kits any good?
Do you have any diamond s cans for a 9r. Need that and battery kit.
Happy new years Cole.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Are your kits any good?
Do you have any diamond s cans for a 9r. Need that and battery kit.
Happy new years Cole.
I got a cvcustoms kit about a month ago. I think it’s awesome. Not only does it shed about 13 lbs off the front of the sled but it really opens up that side of the sled for visual checks after your ride. I’m sure it creates enough room to change a Quickdrive belt without removing the battery. I think it’s a very well designed and built kit that I’ll be installing on every sled I own in the future. He has stated that it may not start your sled first thing in the morning if it’s real cold outside. I was pleasantly surprised that it started my boost yesterday morning when it was -16 C. Thanks Cole for a great kit!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I got a cvcustoms kit about a month ago. I think it’s awesome. Not only does it shed about 13 lbs off the front of the sled but it really opens up that side of the sled for visual checks after your ride. I’m sure it creates enough room to change a Quickdrive belt without removing the battery. I think it’s a very well designed and built kit that I’ll be installing on every sled I own in the future. He has stated that it may not start your sled first thing in the morning if it’s real cold outside. I was pleasantly surprised that it started my boost yesterday morning when it was -16 C. Thanks Cole for a great kit!
I put them on all my sleds. They are awesome. Just razzing Cole.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
for the weight savings alone, its $$$ well spent

excellent instructions, excellent components, im very happy with mine

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Just got my kit! Excited to get it installed ! FYI look at the business card included. It has a QR code with the installation instructions. (which I did not notice and ended up calling Cole - LOL! )

This entire kit is smaller than the lithium battery I have in my sled right now. I'm sure I'm not saving much in weight since I already have a lithium battery but the space savings looks huge! It'll make it easier to work on QD for sure!
FYI before I found this post I had the dealer put a lithium battery in my wife's sled - $289.99 - and it wont start her sled dammit! Looks like she'll be getting a kit too if this works as well as everyone says it does.

B
Feb 17, 2019
Interesting. So what is the brand / part number on the lithium battery that comes with this kit? I’m surprised the lithium batter your dealer went with won’t start it, but the battery with this kit will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Interesting. So what is the brand / part number on the lithium battery that comes with this kit? I’m surprised the lithium batter your dealer went with won’t start it, but the battery with this kit will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The battery in this kit is not strictly lithium.
Has cobalt for the added child slavery CC Amps.

(Mine works at -20F)

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
The battery in this kit is not strictly lithium.
Has cobalt for the added child slavery CC Amps.

(Mine works at -20F)
Just got mine installed over the weekend, sent a pic to a friend who just installed the same kit and he said his wouldn't start his sled after sitting overnight at the cabin in 0 degree temps. I hope you are right and he is wrong. Haven't had a chance to test mine yet other than in the shop. Very cool setup and easy install - everything, battery included, only weighs two ounces more than the stock parts (not counting the battery) that I took out! The only hard part was getting that damn large bolt behind the exhaust out! Some gorilla put mine in at the factory. I have an aftermarket exhaust so mine was easy to get to - anyone with a stock exhaust would be wise to pull it first. Even at that I seriously thought about drilling a hole in my belly pan so I could get my air tools to it!

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Just got mine installed over the weekend, sent a pic to a friend who just installed the same kit and he said his wouldn't start his sled after sitting overnight at the cabin in 0 degree temps. I hope you are right and he is wrong. Haven't had a chance to test mine yet other than in the shop. Very cool setup and easy install - everything, battery included, only weighs two ounces more than the stock parts (not counting the battery) that I took out! The only hard part was getting that damn large bolt behind the exhaust out! Some gorilla put mine in at the factory. I have an aftermarket exhaust so mine was easy to get to - anyone with a stock exhaust would be wise to pull it first. Even at that I seriously thought about drilling a hole in my belly pan so I could get my air tools to it!
I've always found that when starting a polaris 850 when cold its best to give it a short crank 1 to 2 seconds to charge up the fuel pressure then wait a couple seconds and crank it again. With this method they usually fire right up.

Premium Features