• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutching, gearing, for radar runs

W
Mar 5, 2010
Lisbon ND
I have an 07 apex mtx with a mcx 310 turbo, holz curved rail skid and a 162 on it. It also has 7t avid drivers with 3 pitch.

I installed 23/37 gearing for a radar run this weekend, from my 20/40. With this gear change I was able to crank the boost with my 92g weights in it without over revving.

before all my changes I have seen 115 on the speedo on the trail at 10 lbs boost or 250hp. The best I could do at the radar run was 103 in 1000ft. and the speedo said 110. Also it seemed like it was out of power at that speed even though I was showing 17lbs on the gauge, tach wouldn't go past 10500 on the big end yet rev limitered on the bottom.

To make it all more obvious my first pass I was leaning over the bars to keep the nose down as it is a handfull out of the hole, and my chest protector hit the kill at about 100 ft out. I then nailed it from there after completely stopping and restarting it, and it ran 102 in say 875 feet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I need a more aggressive helix angle on the bottom and less aggressive top angle

Does anyone know a good helix for drag, radar run and trail, as I do not ride mountains. I have this sled to be the baddest sled on the trail yet climb anything I see in N.D. Any Ideas are greatly appreciated.

Premium Features