• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Billet Head

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
Is there any real benefit to adding a billet head to a turbo sled? Obviously they don’t need the extra power.

I am setup to run 3 pounds of boost. I don’t want to run 5 pounds because I would probably need some AV gas or race fuel.

If I did a low compression billet turbo head would that make it so I could run 5 pounds if I wanted and stay on pump gas?

If they are worth while, what brand is ideal?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I ride 6k-10k, 5lbs boost, 100% pump gas 91. Stock head. Runs perfect all the time, but the secret is the @TRS clutch kit. Sled ran like crap with stock Silber clutching, even with avgas. Put on Tony's kit and still going strong without a single hiccup after 2k miles.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
I ride 6k-10k, 5lbs boost, 100% pump gas 91. Stock head. Runs perfect all the time, but the secret is the @TRS clutch kit. Sled ran like crap with stock Silber clutching, even with avgas. Put on Tony's kit and still going strong without a single hiccup after 2k miles.
U put fresh springs every year? I've been happy with Tony's kit, but been two seasons now and thinking I should freshen the springs.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Premium Features