• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

betterboards question

D
Oct 5, 2008
sandpoint, Idaho
i think it was first of the year or end of last year i seen a forum about betterboards or snow eliminators. someone had pictures of there sled were they did'nt cut out there whole runing boards. could i see a picture of that please if there is any way. also i have a buddy that is gonna build me some but his aluminum is a little thinner then what bb use. do you think that will be ok or is there a reason theres are that thick? which ones are better snow elim, or bb? these are goin on a 09 d8 by the way, thanks for the input guys

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
BETTERboards have the name for a reason.. they are the BEST on the market... rob has countless hours into his porduct and their is a reason for everything. if the cleats are not bent/cut properly they will not last... if the material is to thin it will not hold up.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
I would also say better boards.

I cut out the entire boards. I didn't use rivets I used bolts with lock nuts.

IMGP1629.jpg

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Why risk damaging a new sled tunnel like that? Go with the Better Boards and the hundreds of us who have given them real world testing. You are already questioning the quality of your buddies homemade ones...

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Use the Better Boards.
I have been using them for a couple years now and won't own a sled without em.

If you go with your buddies you run the risk of starting stress cracks in the tunnel walls.
The amount of money you will save going with your buddies set is nothing compared to the cost of replacing your tunnel.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Like they said why risk it Better Boards are just that, Better Boards and cut it all out it's not that hard, plasma cutter or air powered jig saw

Premium Features