• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX High Torque Diamond Drive gears

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
Tried searching and couldn't come up with anything. Any of you guys running the newer High Torque gear sets from BDX? Do these alleviate most of the Diamond Lite Drive related failures on high HP sleds?
From BDX's website

The planetary gears, sun gear and ring gear have been redesigned to take the thrust load away from the thrust washers of the planetary cage which was a weak point for all those customers with Big Bore kits and Turbo kit applications.

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I put them in.

I put them in my diamond lite BDX diamond drive case.

I had a number of issues with lesser setups and put these in as a final solution.

My issues were mainly caused by bearings going out.

Its important to check the bearing as once it goes it destroys the gears.

To be able to use these gears you need the BDX drive shaft and diamond lite case. So its a major investment in the sled.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
Sounds like they're working out. I'm building a low boost turbo mountain sled and want to use the Diamond Drive. After thoroughly searching the M series forum it looks like only a few people with high HP sleds are having issues with the BDX Diamond Lite. I'm hoping with the HT gears it'll be fairly bulletproof. I'll only be making around 190 hp so nothing too crazy.

And in case anyone asks why I'm using the DD, the CMX belt drive is $$$, and the small Diamond Drive brake setup gives me more (much needed) clearance to move my oil tank rearward.

S

salty

Sep 1, 2012
I have run the HT gears in my TM1000 for 2 seasons already. They're loud as they're straight cut gears. No longer blowing the thrust washers out of the planetary. I think it's well worth the investment.

Premium Features