• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avy Takes Racer

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Knew Shane from many years ago racing...he was one heck of a racer... good guy and he will be missed. Here is the post from KXLY TV, please be careful out there

Washington Man Killed in Shoshone County Avalanche
Posted: 9:42 am PST December 30, 2010
Updated: 1:01 pm PST December 30, 2010

WALLACE, Idaho -- A 35-year-old Farmington was killed in an avalanche while snowmobiling in Shoshone County Wednesday afternoon.

Shane St. John and a friend were snowmobiling along Mastadon Road near Calder, Idaho Wednesday. The friend told authorities he was riding ahead of St. John when he turned around to see a huge avalanche with tracks leading into the slide but none coming out.

After two hours of searching for St. John, the friend went into town to call for help.

A search and rescue effort was launched and St. John’s body was found around 11:30 p.m. in about nine feet of snow. His safety beacon was going off when he was found.

The Shoshone County Sheriff’s Office says avalanche conditions are high right now with the recent 4 to 5 feet of powder that fell on hard-packed snow.

St. John is the fourth victim claimed by avalanches in Shoshone County since 2004. The other three victims were all back country skiers who died above Mullan in the Lone Lake area.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Man that sucks to hear :rose::rose: Condolences to the family. Especially sucks since it sounds like it came out of nowhere. Can't ever let your guard down even in the 'best' situations.

racer

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
especially if you are under nine feet of snow...

He was active and I believe a Pro champ with RMXCRC (name was changes later)... left wife and kids...

S

siphor

Sep 9, 2009
rmxcrc champ. rmxcrc pro. rmsha pro. wsa pro. wsa pro finals once, career highlight. isde qualifier. more moto cross results than i can count. friend. father. farmer. and my cousin. rip #9

Z

Zinger

Nov 26, 2007
I am very sorry to hear this. I raced with him in the MSSHA series when it was going. RIP

Premium Features