• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Articat m1000 hard starting, full throttle bog, and then dies

J
Dec 7, 2019
2008 articat m1000 sno pro
So my sled all of the sudden started doing this thing where it starts after about 20 pulls, and only starts with 10% throttle, and then it'll run for a while. I have the end jacked up so the tracks in the air spinning and run it hard and at half throttle it sounds good, but then at full throttle it starts bogging. Then out of no where, it'll die. I pulled my power valves off and cleaned them good. I have fresh gas in it. Fresh plugs. I was checking out my power valve actuator and didn't really see it move at any throttle. Maybe could be those? Not sure how they work, but doesn't seem like those would effect my hard starting issue. This thing is bone stock. I also made sure I have good fuel pressure, which I do. I got good spark and I got air. Im at the point where im pissed off and am missing out on some good riding. Looking for some help here. I have no clue. Hate working on something when I do not know what to do next. hoping yall could help! thanks

M
Oct 10, 2012
North Dakota
Do a compression check to see if you have a piston scoring? Could also be the center crankshaft seal letting the sir go between cylinders and not building up pressure in the lower end to push out the exhaust and bring in a new charge of fuel air mix. If you have blown a belt and the shreds have wrapped around the crank it has been known to take out the seal on the clutch side. Testing for leaks requires some work but will eliminate that. Mark

Z
Jan 5, 2016
Do a compression check to see if you have a piston scoring? Could also be the center crankshaft seal letting the sir go between cylinders and not building up pressure in the lower end to push out the exhaust and bring in a new charge of fuel air mix. If you have blown a belt and the shreds have wrapped around the crank it has been known to take out the seal on the clutch side. Testing for leaks requires some work but will eliminate that. Mark
Reeds ?

R
What if you just start it and leave it idle? Does it idle? Off of the stand. It has nothing to do with your power valves. Power valves don't effect spark or fuel.
Just because they are new plugs, doesn't mean spark. I have had several be dead out of the box. Sounds like a fuel pump or stator. Have you checked the pump by its self?
Run it at several rpm levels and see if its holds the rpm. Not just idle or wide open throttle.
Throw some good AC injection cleaner in the gas or Seafoam.

Premium Features