• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Artic Cat Inc. save some $$$

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
Here some ideas. #1 We dont need adjustable steering post, just a fixed one the same height. #2 Save some money by sending just one seat preferable a high rise, what do we need two seats for. Two seats are TWO heavy. #3 change the hood just a little, move the guage to steering post, by doing this you could put the intake, where the guage was. Simplifying the plenum. #4 While your working on the hood delete the head lights, just provide a plug for a helmet light. #5 Leave the hood decals off. This should have been #3 don't need the 4 small wheels on suspension, just ice scratchers. #6 Who needs a tail light, or even snow flap, I don't. Big savings :D These ideas are for your backcountry mountain sleds. I like it :) Anyone else.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
man no tail light, no head light, no snow flap.......who do you ride with?

ever get out and in troubleand need a headlight? ever see another tail light and react to it? ever follow anyone?

as for the steering post and seat I agree.

B
Dec 21, 2006
Polaris has a bare bones RMK. What ever happened to a "real" snowcheck? Wouldn't it be cool if you could delete things you are going to replace. Hold the seat, skis, a-arms, skid, windshield. Since we replace all of those things anyways.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
no no no Wild Bill

man no tail light, no head light, no snow flap.......who do you ride with?

ever get out and in troubleand need a headlight? ever see another tail light and react to it? ever follow anyone?

as for the steering post and seat I agree.

I carry a lead dog helmet light in pack, :D Tail lights covered with snow and try not follow to much, more better make own track:) Who the rue crew, and our leader is WILD BILL. I got a brag on Bill a bit he rides the fastest stock 800 in the state of CO. :beer;

arcticman31

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado
Pure Genius

You should work for cat with weath of knowledge you have logger:D Better yet maybe you should ask for a chassis only and just use the leftover parts in your garage and build your own:D No matter how they build them your still gonna piss and moan about it! At least you know that for the type of riding we do the cat is the best even in stock form. I agree with the seat part. If I agree with anything else it will give you a big head and its plenty big and bald already:D

S
And why bother including a-arms, rear suspension, track, pipes, handlebars or skis? Everyone just ends up replacing them right off the bat too! Hell, I don't need a belt guard, I've never had a belt blow. Same goes for the throttle override switch, I've never had a throttle stick wide open. Let's see, where else could we save money...

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
save money

And why bother including a-arms, rear suspension, track, pipes, handlebars or skis? Everyone just ends up replacing them right off the bat too! Hell, I don't need a belt guard, I've never had a belt blow. Same goes for the throttle override switch, I've never had a throttle stick wide open. Let's see, where else could we save money...

Thats the spirit:rolleyes: :beer; I'm not kidding, Steve your hired. :):)

arcticman31

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado

The ideas are really flowin now!! Hope AC spends as much time on snowest as we do!!:beer;:D

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
They should have the Snow Check sleds like buying a truck. Start at a base, bare bones model and have everything optional add ons. Custom ordering would save people alot of money instead of just replacing half the parts as soon as they get it.:cool:

W
Jan 2, 2008
wouldn't save you anything

This is how it'd play out

you start out with a $10500 msrp, then you start deleting items (at factory cost)

seat $250 rebate
taillight (can't, safty reasons)
plenium (can't would kill warranty)
headlights (can't safty reasons)
belt guard (can't safety reasons)
skis $150 bucks back
windsheild $30 bucks back

ok so you've got a seatless, windowless skiiless sled for $10,070ish bucks

now I come along and wait a couple months and pick up the sled with all the fixings for $7500 bucks, and I can resale it with all the oem parts back on it :cool:

Premium Features