• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat wiring champs, need your help.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Next season we hope to have a limited release of 500 Cordless Teth-Air systems. I case you have not heard about it, it is a wireless tether system to give the rider a working radius of about 5 feet around your sled, if you get farther the sled shuts down. The rider wears a small tag transnitter and the receiver is mounted on the machine. US patent US 7,034,696 B2

Here is where I need your help: In our design we utilize a small relay that will close for 3 seconds when the signal is lost. We have been testing on Doo's and simply short across the kill switch wiring. I hear that Cat is wired opposite and we need to open this circuit to kill the motor? This is no problem as our relay is single throw, double pole. The problem is we are concerned that the current in the kill switch curcuit will exceed what our 2 amp relay can handle?

Can anyone tell me if there is a low current tie in that we can use to kill the motor?

We do realized that on th old Doo's (pre DPEM) we will have to offer a 30 amp relay/ 9 volt battery option (wiring kit) as these old types simply short the coil and the current will melt our smaller relay.

Any input is appreciated.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
I like your concept, pretty cool. The only issue I have is when your climbing especially in a tight chute and a chit show occurs. You and your machine can get funneled down together in a tangled mess[within a 5 foot radius]. Getting hammered by your machine is bad enough let alone getting massaged by a track. Especially if the throttle is bumped and the track is free wheel spinning at 50-60 miles an hour.
I even consider most tethers to be too long for climbing purposes.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I like your concept, pretty cool. The only issue I have is when your climbing especially in a tight chute and a chit show occurs. You and your machine can get funneled down together in a tangled mess[within a 5 foot radius]. Getting hammered by your machine is bad enough let alone getting massaged by a track. Especially if the throttle is bumped and the track is free wheel spinning at 50-60 miles an hour.
I even consider most tethers to be too long for climbing purposes.

There might be a time when you want to hook up your cord but you can also argue that it's not good to get it wrapped around the bars and pull it off accidently during a steep climb.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
There might be a time when you want to hook up your cord but you can also argue that it's not good to get it wrapped around the bars and pull it off accidently during a steep climb.

Never had that happen, tether connected to the waist area. Hey not knocking your product or idea. I will buy one for my Mom and Dad they dont climb really steep stuff anymore. They always forget to tether up, your product would be perfect .
Good Luck

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Never had that happen, tether connected to the waist area. Hey not knocking your product or idea. I will buy one for my Mom and Dad they dont climb really steep stuff anymore. They always forget to tether up, your product would be perfect .
Good Luck

You at least wear your tether. This product is designed for those who won't wear the traditional tether because it's cumbersome but they believe it is a good idea.

Premium Features