• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone update their tunnel/running boards?

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
I am trying to figure out if I could do a tunnel update like the newer M sleds and also if I'd be sacrificing a lot of strength by cutting off part of my running boards?
anyone done this to their 1M?

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
I really want to do it but i'm curious if it's worth the money to those that have done it. I have snow eliminators already but i'm hoping the tunnel update would shave some weight and eliminate some ice build up I always get on my tunnel.
I also ride my sled pretty hard. I don't want to have to worry about bending the tunnel if it's done. thanks everyone and any other advice would be great!

8hundo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2001
Sturgis, SD
IMG_1468.jpg

HomeJanSnowies10 015.jpg

Best pics I had of my King Cat with the M series tunnel supports/board edges. I cut out the floor pans and used the "X" pattern poly inserts (Fastlane I think?) and then the Ski-Doo bumper and newer M Series snoflap/LED Tailight (not installed in 2nd pic with orange hood). Worked well and made the floorboards more stout than stock. Snow evac was better than stock but far from perfect and the traction screws were hell on boots.

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
No regrets or issues on the mods on our 1M. We actually had a seat jack on it last winter to allow me to ride with our 6 year old son, no issues with tunnel bending. It actually work better on those nasty single track rutted trails in that it does not get hung up as bad in the deep trenches that get dug in when going up hill.

Premium Features