• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone running a hot dogger or muff pot?

P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
Is anyone using a hot dogger or muff pot on a 1m? if so were did you mount it? I don't care for it right up by the y pipe... TOO hot just wanted to know if a guy could take the heat shield off with out melthing the crap out of the hood? I don't really want to cut the shield up. the other option was if I remove it is there parts of the pipe that need to be wraped with exhaust heat tape to prevent helted cables and hood? thanks for the help pictures would be great :face-icon-small-coo

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
My son had a Hot Dogger on his 05 King Cat. He took the heat shield off and mounted it in the fat part of the pipe. He didnt have any issues with heat on any plastic under the hood, some alum. tape wouldnt hurt though. As far as pics he has since gone to twins. Sprocket.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
I have a fairly large muff pot mounted after the heat shield right next to the oil reservoir. My 04 has a small section of pipe after the heat shield where it turn into the can. Sets flat horizontally. Make a few good pulls and a side hill or two and lunch is ready

Premium Features