• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aluminum tunnel and parts cleaning

V
Nov 2, 2019
Colorado
Hi guys,
I’m new to snowmobiling and want to clean my aluminum parts on my RMK. You can see some oxidation and I’d really like to clean it up. On my aluminum frame dirtbikes I use SOS pads and it works well. Can I use this on my sled? What are you guys using?
Thanks.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
Hi guys,
I’m new to snowmobiling and want to clean my aluminum parts on my RMK. You can see some oxidation and I’d really like to clean it up. On my aluminum frame dirtbikes I use SOS pads and it works well. Can I use this on my sled? What are you guys using?
Thanks.
if you start to use polish it won't look like the natural brushed tunnel as it was new , if you want a stock look look use a none etching aluminum wheel cleaner , test on a remote spot to make sure it won't turn things white , if you you like the polished look just rub away

V
Nov 2, 2019
Colorado
It took a bit of scrubbing to clean up the tunnel. The person that I bought the snowmobile from left it outside on the trailer covered but the aluminum still oxidized a bit. I was able to clean up the oxidation but the scrubbing alone polished the tunnel. I have been reading on dirtbike websites to restore a brushed look, which I like, you can use scotchbrite and WD40 as long as you scrub in the same direction. Has anyone tried this?0D5CF2B2-1E27-41DA-8C94-9FB976BA94EA.jpeg

03AB54A0-CDD0-4E29-AB3E-4564F277BAB9.jpeg

Premium Features