• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

94 zr 700

S
Dec 3, 2007
columbus mt
I have a 94 zr 700 that I am trying to get running.
It has spark, compression and carbs are clean. It won't run without a little throttle and backfires through the carbs. What would be a good start on jetting this sled for 4000 feet and 32 degrees? It has 340's now with 55 pilots and 1.5 turns out on the airscrew.
Are these engines timed off the pto or mag side? My skidoo rv's are mag side but the timming mark is lined up with the pto side is this correct?

I am not familiar with arctic cat so any help would be great.
thanks
jon

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
stock jetting for that sled was 420 mains and 40 pilots. I would start with that and jet down accordingly. I believe they were really rich from the factory.
As for firing, it should fire from the mag side.

S
Dec 3, 2007
columbus mt
thanks for the help. I'll use my mikuni jet scale and jet accordingly.
When looking at the timing hole over the pull rope the timing marks line up when the pto is tdc. hmmmmm.... would the sled even run like this? I'll have to have a closer look at it tomorrow. Thanks
jon

At 1000' I was running mine with 390 mag and 400 pto. you'll probably be a size lower and as far as the staggered jetting it all depends on your motor. You may not need the stagger. I allways found my old Kruger motor to be a pain to keep running 100% but when they do what a great grunting engine.

Hope this helped.

SPDFREEK

Premium Features