• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 rail extensions

C
Nov 14, 2008
Howdy, looking to put a new track on the old 04 900 159" and would like to put on the new power claw. Is possible? Do I have to buy new rails or does someone make extensions for something like this. What will I have to do to the drivers or skid height? I've heard alot of good stuff about this track so would like to have this for an option. Thanks for any input or advice.

S

Smashcat900

Apr 21, 2006
Hermiston Oregon
www.myspace.com
Here is what worked for me.

Howdy, looking to put a new track on the old 04 900 159" and would like to put on the new power claw. Is possible? Do I have to buy new rails or does someone make extensions for something like this. What will I have to do to the drivers or skid height? I've heard alot of good stuff about this track so would like to have this for an option. Thanks for any input or advice.
I just changed from a 159" to the PC and here is what I did:

1. 9 tooth, 3" pitch extrovert drivers for an 1 1/8" drive shaft.
I cut about 2.5" off my rail tips to get them to clear the drivers.
2. anti-stab kit
3. Mountain Machines "Freedom Axle", It gives you the option of running the two wheel set up and in doing so, offsets your wheels back 2.5" which take up the slack from going to a 162" track.
What I learned here was that this kit requires 25mm wheel bearings and you have 20mm bearings, so if and when you order this kit make sure you specify.

Your other options are to relocate your rails back about 2.5", but you still need to change your drivers or to look into KK rails and different drivers.
I'm loving this set up. I've been on three rides since I changed and it seems like I'm on a new sled.

Last edited:

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
This what I did

Change to 3.0 extrovert drivers
Get mountain machines axle (I did not buy the freedom axle Its alot more money and you dont really need it)
Get 9 inch wheels that have 25mm bearings
Trim 5/8 inch off of your rail tips for clearance of extros. (you also have to notch the rail caps).
then you have to cut off teh little nubs of rubber that sit right in the middle of every window on the PC. When you get teh track you will see what I am talking about.

OR you can go this way
Get sled junkie drop brackets, and set your skid back about an inch.
Me personally I hae the drop brackets, I think they make the sled trench a bit.

W
Nov 27, 2007
track change

I also just changed from a 04 159 to a power claw.
I went with king cat rails and king extros so i did not have to trim the nubs on the track that rixter speaks of.
here is my parts list.
05 king extros part #1602-727
05 king rails #2604-869
05 king end caps #2604-724
rivets for the front rubber pads on the rails #8060-633
I also replaced the bearings on the drive shaft while i had it out just to be safe, part #s on the bearings and o-ring, 1602-375, 1602-051, 0107-003.
take a close look at your chain when you take it out, mine had a few inside links broke. I tried the install with the 159 rails and sled junkys drop brackets, but i did not have enough track adjustment so i ended up with 162 rails.
Good luck, the pclaw track work alot better than stock.

Premium Features