• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Changes for 2010?

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Hi
I maby sound like a broken record, but as I've mentioned in an earlyer thread I want to buy the new Assault. But I've seen some threads and heard people talking about blown 800 engines due to either construction faults or too lean mixture. Has polaris fixed this problem or are there any precautious I have to to when I buy the sled?

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
if i were getting an assault i'd be more worrried about the track falling apart and polaris not helping you out. any engine issues will be warrantied and taken care of but the track you will be SOL

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
those assault tracks.. are 100% high grade genuine garbage..

will be interesting if polaris does an engine fix.. and if so.. what they will change..

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Sooooo...the general concern is the track? And they haven't fixed this for 2010??

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Sooooo...the general concern is the track? And they haven't fixed this for 2010??
Not really a concern, just an issue for the use people might want to use it for. For what the Assault was designed for, that track is awesome. Most people want to use it in deep pow, not what the assault was designed for. So no there will be no "fix" for next year on the track, just have to buy a different track to suit your riding style.

Premium Features