• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 BB Questions...

P
May 21, 2009
Hey everybody. Blew up my 440 in my IQ racer, lower rod bearing disintegrated and whiped out everything, I mean everything...cracked the case too. Anyways I got a 00 800 I've been thinking about building up and installing. Couple of questions...this motor has TPS on the carbs...I was wondering what should be done with this. And it's got a head temp sensor...what should be done with that? I'd like to send the entire long block to somebody and have it rebuilt. I was thinking of porting and a big bore kit, I've been thinking of PSI or Carls...anyone got recommendations for a shop? Thanks

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
If you are going to use the '00 electronics you will have to hook up the tps and the temp sensor.

Is the motor original? The '00 crank was a bigger timebomb than any of the others, send it off and get it reconditioned, new crank pin is a must in them. I would avoid PSI and Carl's doesn't build a big bore for that motor any more. If you check here on Snowest there are 910s available once in a while. Carl's doesn't build them any more, but still supports them with parts and such.

There is quite a bit of work required to stick an 800 BB in to the IQR chassis... all the pieces can be bought readily, but it's a lot of work none the less.

Only other big bore option I know of is Union Bay, they have had a 900 big bore for the 800s, don't know if they are still available or not.

sled_guy

Premium Features