• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

700ves in 800ves chassis

M
Jan 14, 2008
i junked my 04' 800 ves bottom end so i picked up an 02' 700 to fill the spot until i can get a little more info on a 1200 watercraft tripple, might have that ready to install by christmas if all goes well. i need to know if there is any way that i can run the 700 with my 800 cdi? also wondering about a head with fitting for det sensor to fit 700ves. any help will be great. thanks

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
The CDI's are different due to Perc and DET, however I think (and I'm not 100% sure on this) you should be able to get a Flywheel from a 04 and newer motor and go with it. the map will be slightly different so you might be SOL. I'd look on Ebay for a CDI personally.

M
Jan 14, 2008
i have the flywheel and all other parts from my 800 just don't know if they will work on a 700. would like to keep my perc.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City

Use the 800 flywheel on the 700 for the Perc. Not sure on the CDI/DET, you would need to look at the timing curve or find a 03 700 CDI with PERK and not worry about the DET. I think the combustion chamber is probably bigger on the 800 than the 700 so it may not match up right. I think you can have the 800 CDI reprogramed for the 700 too if the curves are different, that may be the best fix.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
i have the flywheel and all other parts from my 800 just don't know if they will work on a 700. would like to keep my perc.

yes they will work on the 700. I would put the flywheel and oil pump on the 700 and the timing curve will be different but I would try it to see what happens before you spend the extra money. or you can go on ebay and buy a perc kit for a 700 and not have to use the det sensor

T
Nov 24, 2008
My Polaris dealer Mech. Tells me the timing curve for 800 should be less agressive, so more safe from Detionation. The Flywheel change would insure same degree trigger forward, as your CDI is programmed, and for PERK also has correct reverse trigger (for your 04 800). The oil pump in 02 is not designed to pump in reverse, the oil flow should not be much greater, if at all, than 700. If you are comfortable with quick 700 head drilling, the DET sensor could be attached same location between cylinders under head with out the DET bolts innear water passage boss, so sealing of treads and hole to coolant would be required, the lack of material cast in head would allow colt contact with coolant, also an internal nut would insure more strength in fastening DET sensor to 700 head. The Vibration sensed by DET would not be same as held by solid tapped cast Aluminium bolt hold. I would try to get Aluminium washer inside head, coated both sides with thin coolant resistive sealer, then use stronger lock tight on a internal stainless nut threads. There is a tourque spec for DET bolt, but I am out of US for now, It should be near same tourque as a head bolt. The idea is to hold DET sensor, to head, in same location and tightness, as on 800 head, using near the same fastening materials and close to same bolt weight and length, for similar vibrations to be felt by sensor. If you don't drill/tap, connect sensor and place where no strong vibrations trigger it. I'm beginning Tripple Tripple Domestic project as well!

Premium Features