• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7 tooth anti ratchet drivers for 2.52 pitch???

I
Aug 1, 2009
Chugiak
Just spent the better part of an hour looking for 7 tooth extrovert drivers for 2.52 pitch application, I cant find a maker anywhere......
Anybody know who makes em, I have 05 IQR, heard about cutting the rails, to accept 8T or bigger, If you have done a similar install, can you give me some advice, thanks

A
Nov 26, 2007
Western NY.
I have a consumer based iq chasis and did not want to cut the rails. Seems like 8 tooth anti ratchets fix 1 problem and cause another so that wasn't a option either.

I didn't even look for 7 tooth drivers because they are less effcient as track has to bend tighter around the smaller radious.

So I took a edge chasis drive shaft which is the same on the chaincase side, cut down the speedo side, installed a setscrew locking bearing on the speedo side. Used 4 regular drivers on the hex shaft.

I believe ftxmotorsports have a axle allredy cut down to do this.

This is the consumer based Iq i did it to, but I'm sure you could make it work on the IQR if the chaincase side splines are the same.

Click on pic for a better view.

View attachment 72659

Last edited:
H
Nov 26, 2007
Close to Mountains
Just spent the better part of an hour looking for 7 tooth extrovert drivers for 2.52 pitch application, I cant find a maker anywhere...... thanks

I sell Avids and all kinds of other drivers, 100+ sets a year and have never found 7 tooth extroverts in 2.52 pitch or 2.86 pitch.
I was told the math doesn't work to machine them.

Nice work alsled, looks the same set up as the 440 Pro X race sled they use that.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
Why not just have IceAge just machine you some rails that will clear 8T and run anti-stab wheels?

Premium Features