• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Timbersled recall

ruffster

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2014
Does anyone have any information on Timbersled's safety stop ride notice (J-23-01) concerning the incorrectly torqued fastner issue with the quick drive system? All I can find is it's failure can lead to loss of brake function during operation. Does anyone know what fastener is of concern? Thanks!

A
Nov 14, 2017
I think it is the bottom pulley bolt. Mine came from the factory not fully tightened, and with no loctite on it. I took the cover off my belt (brand new kit, with the new Belt Drive) to just "take a look" and noticed the bolt had a gap between the flange and the pulley. I took it off and put loctite on and torqued it properly.

So it could be either pulley I guess, but for me it was the bottom one.

C
Jul 21, 2010
Riding buddy had his lower pulley bolt back out with less than 20 miles on the kit. Got lucky that it failed about 200 yards from the cabin otherwise it could have been a very crappy night walk home. It toasted the pulley, shaft and cover.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Checked mine. Top pulley bolt was tight. Bottom was probably tight enough that it wouldn’t have backed out, but close. It looked to have red loctite on it but was nowhere near ‘red’ tight. I just coated it with blue and re installed.

More concerning is the chicken sh*t aluminum cover on the inside. 200yd of riding and my belt drive was PACKED FULL of snow. As a former yeti guy I know what that means… anyhow I put some silicone around it and smushed it all together. Seems to be sealing ok for now.

Feb 23, 2019
Cheney Wa
Checked mine. Top pulley bolt was tight. Bottom was probably tight enough that it wouldn’t have backed out, but close. It looked to have red loctite on it but was nowhere near ‘red’ tight. I just coated it with blue and re installed.

More concerning is the chicken sh*t aluminum cover on the inside. 200yd of riding and my belt drive was PACKED FULL of snow. As a former yeti guy I know what that means… anyhow I put some silicone around it and smushed it all together. Seems to be sealing ok for now.
Interesting think I will seal mine too. thanks for the heads up.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
My 22 was missing the drive shaft left side bolt, had no locktite on any of the jack or driveshaft fasteners, and the brake side jackshaft bolt was half threaded out after a 1 hour break in ride. Assembly QC is trash at timbersled now. The jackshaft alignment to the driveshaft was also out of square. Go through your kits! Tom from TKI has a good video on YouTube about squaring the shafts for his belt drive, it applies to any secondary drive setup.

Premium Features