• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 RMK Pro - What do you recommend

S
Mar 12, 2015
I'm trading my A-Cat HCR 800 153 for a new RMK Pro. Looking for recommendations on the track size. I live in Iowa and go west 2-3 times a year.
I can't decide if I want the 2.6" paddles or the 3". Also, not sure about track length.
Also, pros and cons of the RMK vs the HCR?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
being you dont ride west all the time. the bulk head cooler, extra wheels will come in handy for home. Its a rmk that you can ride in the flats..or they are selling it as that.

You are right on.
The SKS is THE MOST versatile RMK.

It's not the purpose-built machine that the Pro RMK is.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Not to be a dick. Nobody asked him if he rode in IA. I live in SD and haven't hardly put a mile on here in 10 years

The Assault would be the most similar to the HCR. I would go 155 x 2.6

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
What's the difference between SKS and Assault?

Anyone have a side by side list of specs yet?
I'm sure someone has put them together...I haven't.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
What's the difference between SKS and Assault?

Anyone have a side by side list of specs yet?
I'm sure someone has put them together...I haven't.

SKS has front cooler assault does not SKS has aluminum over structure and bumper assault does not SKS is 39-41 front end assault is 41.5-43.5 both come standard with clicker shocks, I believe the assault still has a different approach angle on the front of the rails. For a sled strictly for out west I would recommend a 163x2.6 pro rmk. I dont think a 3" is for everyone and i would love the extra length of a 163 for my one trip a year out there. I live in Wisconsin and didn't put a mile on my 15 RMK this year in this state.

Premium Features