• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 800 Dragon RMK died while running, then started

J
Jan 2, 2012
I have a 2010 Polaris RMK Dragon. Great sled. Was running great. Out of the blue while operating it, it stopped running like I had hit the kill swtch. Tried starting it. It started and went about a 100 yards before it shut off again. When running it sounds normal. Just before it dies, the lights dim, the dash goes out, blubbers and dies. We disconnected the wiring harness in the front left that runs lights and instrumentation and it ran fine. I wiould think that if there was a short the wire would burn. Just because I disconnect the harness does not mean the problem is in the harness or intrumentation. The front end could be telling the back end to shut down because of a problem? Obviously, but what?

I

IQRMK900

Jan 8, 2008
central Iowa
yep.......... you are not alone on this one...happened to my wifes 2010 rmk and sounds like a large majority of them. shut it down and replace asap to save ECU

J
Jan 2, 2012
2010 Polaris Dragon

Thanks guys. I fianally took it in to the dealer and they did the diagnostics on it. Bad voltage reg and a broken wire. Did not burn up my ECM. Of course when it went down I was 35 miles south of BFE on New Years Eve.

Premium Features