• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Polaris 800 Dragon Turbo not running AGAIN

S
Nov 23, 2012
I have a 2008 Polaris 800 Dragon Turbo. I was riding it this weekend for about an hour when the headlights suddenly dimmed. I rode it like this for about 10 minutes when i shut it off. When I tried to restart it, it took 8 pulls to start then ran for 50 yards then died. Pulled 10 times then restarted and rode 25 yards and died. Now will not start. Towed back to truck and thought that it was the voltage regulator. Replaced the Voltage Regulator and the sled still will not restart.... I am at a loss as to what it could be? I have spark and seem to have good compression... anyone have any ideas???

S
Nov 23, 2012
Yeah I have looked for about 6 hours throughout the entire site and have not found the symptom that I have, any thoughts on what it could be? I have Spark but the sled wont run...

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Did you get to check your stator you can still have spark with a bad one.

J
Dec 24, 2012
Check the hood harness for hot wires on your pipe and then reroute to the other side, I had a burnt wire and it easily reroutes to the other side. On the chassis harness replace the relay that is fastened with black tape, I don't know what its called but its the only relay. Check your oil fill level sensor for a short in the wire, I had one made the motor go into limp mode. You did replace the regulator, I had exact same symptoms as yours and I had to do all these things to fix it. Unplug the oil fill sensor, hood harness, see if it starts if it does there is your problem, if it doesn't replace that relay. Whatever it is its electrical.

Premium Features