• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 Skidoo summit 800 H.O. Ptek conversion Wiring help

A
Oct 28, 2020
Hi me and another ski doo mechanic took on a 2005 skidoo summit x 800 h.o. burn down last year. Brake caliper had caught fire and the only thing salvagable was the motor and chassis. We ended up rebuilding the motor completely and we had a bunch of parts from what we believe was a 2007 800r. So we went ahead and attempted converting it from an h.o. to a Ptek and were quite successful. Any way so all the wiring harness i out that 07 800r but the cluster and console is from an 04 MXZX. Its running beautifully pulls wheelies like a dream how ever we have been fighting a check engine code that we can't seem to find the cause of. The code is P1261 DPM solenoid output open circuit or shorted to ground. We have checked the grounds replaced the dpm twice and can't seem to find the source. Now it only trips the check engine light if you get above 6500 to 7500 rpm. It comes on at a different rpm within those two numbers each time. It only stays lit if you keep it above the rpm that the light came on at. Is there anybody who might know which direction to point us in?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
At this point if it's running that good, I'd call it a moral victory. If it's not going into limp mode or affecting performance, I'd just turn up the tunes and let it go... electrical gremlins will make you old before your time

A
Oct 28, 2020
At this point if it's running that good, I'd call it a moral victory. If it's not going into limp mode or affecting performance, I'd just turn up the tunes and let it go... electrical gremlins will make you old before your time
Yea thats what we might end up doing is to just accept the fact that when you get into the rpms you can have fun in, it will just light up the check engine light.

Premium Features