• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 F6 coolant lines?

B

Bryan_Ski

Feb 24, 2009
I recently had the motor rebuilt and Im installing it in the sled now. I've got everything hooked up ready to go but Im stumped on this one coolant line that come from the tank (unfortunetly I dont have the manual yet dammit). Theres a breather hose righ at the top (clear) than theres a black hose slightly lower, small only 1/2 inch. Im quite sure theres no where on the waterpump for this and I dont think its long enough anyway. Is this another breather line or for some other sled? Hopefully you guys can help me out.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Sounds like the 1/2" hose you're referring to is the coolant drain hose #14 in the diagram.

15.gif

Last edited:
B

Bryan_Ski

Feb 24, 2009
correct me if Im wrong but to burp the system I can lift the front end way up and fill? or go for a real short ride open the cap and allow to burp? some help with this would be greatly appreciated.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
1. Elevate the front of the snowmobile 30-60 cm (12-14 in.).

2. Remove the coolant tank cap and check coolant level. The coolant tank should be filled to the coolant level line.

3. Install the coolant tank cap; then start the engine. Run the engine at 3000-3500 RPM until the bottom heat exchangers become hot to the touch. Stop the engine and allow the system to cool.

4. Lower the front of the snowmobile and elevate the rear of the snowmobile 12-14 in. Repeat the procedures in step 3.

5. Check the coolant level. Add coolant as required to the coolant tank (coolant tank should be filled to coolant level line). Repeat procedure until coolant level stabilizes in the coolant tank.

B

Bryan_Ski

Feb 24, 2009
Ha I've already got waaay to much invested in this new motor. I do really appreciate the advice, without help from guys like you I'd probably have to spend a tonne more money. I followed your burping steps (they make sense) and finished installing the clutches so tomorrow is the first test ride. More of a cruise really for break in

Premium Features