• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 rack style carbs catching at 1/4 throttle

I
Aug 1, 2009
Chugiak
Rack style carbs on 2003 800 ves motor, carbs have a catch at 1/4 throttle, a sticky spot, to say the least in fact sometimes they completely lock up, Im not familiar with these carbs yet....I know that some race carbs require modifications sometimes, but I dont Know of any specific procedures for these. Is this a common occurance, or a possible broken part, who knows? I just wanted a little incite before I removed them from the amazingly cozy living quarters of the IQR chasis.... thanks

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Probably a bad throttle cable.Disconnect the cable from the carbs and move it by hand to find out.

Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Bet it is actually the oil cable on the throttle cable. They fray and hang up down by the oil pump.

If cable checks out then it could be a problem with a slider being scratched up and hanging up.

sled_guy

A
Jan 14, 2009
Anchorage , AK
It probably is just the throttle cable . Pull the throttle cable all the way off the sled and carbs and see if you cant pull it all the way by hand . If you cant try flushing it with WD-40 . If the cable is ok have the linkage between the carbs checked out cause its probably not the slides .

Premium Features