• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 mountain cat new track ?

V
Dec 7, 2007
Froid,Montana
i am in the market for a new track for my snowmobile. the current track i have has the notches in the paddles for the heat exchangers, and i am wondering if they can be moved so i can run a new track w/o notching the paddles.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I've been able to just drop the front skid bolt to the lower hole and then sucked my limiter strap up a hole, 2" track worked fine like that.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Been a while since I had one around, I had four of them you would think I would know!? I'm thinking you would need smaller drivers. I'm thinking they would slap the front cooler with the stock drivers. You should be able to measure your clearance from the notched track. If it is too close to the front and top of the tunnel it will put a lot of extra load on the engine because of trapping the snow and trying to force it through.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I have an 01 Mountain Cat I swapped out to a Skidoo Camoplast 16 inch wide 144 X 2 inch track. To clear the coolers their are a set of 3 V notches on the lugs that lines up with the coolers. All you need to do is clip off or cut the two nubs between the 3 V notches. I have not had any issues with clearance. The Skidoo track has a much better aggressive profile than the AC notched track and the additional width helps with floatation.

001.jpg

Premium Features