• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 polairs 600 rmk reverse kit

cowboyrmk

Lifetime Membership
Apr 28, 2013
I would like to install a reverse kit on my wife's sled. I had just purchased it thinking it would be easy to find a reverse kit. What would be the best way to go. I have found chain case covers but none specific for that. I would really like to use a PERC system but not been able to find a kit or what I need to accomplish this. Would like to know some ideas if anyone else has done this.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
PERC will be an expensive option, if one at all, (basically replacing crankshaft, oil pump, etc; electrical systems and driven clutch - to allow the engine and drive system to run "backwards"). Polaris made manual reverse kits for your sled that will include what you need - if they still exist. Other than that, start looking at snowmobile salvage shops and such. A good project. 550iq

cowboyrmk

Lifetime Membership
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah the more I look the more I find that it will be a lot cheaper to replace chain case etc. to make it run reverse. Is looking like a nice summer project:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features